Thread: Your Beliefs

Thanks

Default Your Beliefs

What is your path? Do you follow a particular religion like Christianity or you're not religious at all?

I made a post similiar to this one, but it's from three years ago. Plus, I had said something all those years ago to list your top ten beliefs which I'm wondering why I did now *ponders*...oh well. I made a post like this one similar on another message board (owned by my SO...who used to come here himself).

Disclaimer: This isn't a debate about who's right and who's wrong. This is just a safe thread where people can discuss their believes without getting harped upon for what they believe.
    Last edited by dramatic_n_comedic_lynn; 08-09-2010 at 02:14 AM.
    "The mind is so formed in different persons as to contemplate the same object in different points of view. Hence originates the difference on questions of the greatest import, both human and divine." -George Washington, quoted from "Hurricane of Independence"

Thanks

I'm an Unitarian Universalist. I believe everyone has their own path to discovering their personal truth, whether if it's spiritual or not. I don't believe in the concept that there is an absolute faith, where one faith is correct and the others are not. To me, faith should be personal and followed because one strongely believes it is the right path for them.

My Personal Beliefs

Basically, I hold beliefs from a variety of faiths. Some beliefs I grew up with (like Christianity) and others I developed (like Wiccan)

Deities: I'm duotheistic. I follow a god and a goddess at the same time.

My God: He is a personal god that I refer to as "My Guardian". My Guardian is responsible for protecting and watching over my body, my life, my spirit, and my soul. He also helps me achieve what I want out of life. He comes across as a parental figure and a guardian angel (except he doesn't answer to God). He doesn't have a physcial form, although I get the impression he is a masculine force that has feminine characteristics. He has inherit omniscience, which is the ability to know everything that one chooses to and can be known. I also think he has the same kind of power that The Secret does (Law of Attraction...when you beg the universe that you want something really badly).

My Goddess: She is Mother Nature (aka Mother Earth). She works hard to sustain life on this planet and nurtures life by giving us her wonderful bounties. She does have a physical form, which is the earth itself.

Prayer: I pray to my Guardian and Goddess every day. Prayer is manditory to my Guardian, but not to Mother Nature. Since I'm the only follower of My Guardian, prayer is a major way for him to know if I still have faith in him. If I don't pray to him, I'll be punished. I pray to him for several things: my declaration of what I want out of life in the short and long-term, forgiveness, bless things that are important to me, watch over people that I care about, thank him for what he has done for me so far, and to continue his guardianship over me. I pray to Mother Nature to continue to sustain life on this planet and give us her wonderful bounties.

The Afterlife: I believe in reincarnation and ressurection

Reincarnation: I believe the soul is an immortal entity that lives from life to life. It enters the body when it's born and leaves at death. I believe rebirth is a never ending process.

Ressurrection: I believe the spirit is an immortal entity that continues to live after the body of the living organism it represented dies. A spirit would go to live in a world of paradise or damnation based on how it did in life. A world of paradise is made up of what the spirit like. A world of damnation is made up of what the spirit hated.

Universal balance: I believe the universe is balanced between good and bad. Good things can come from bad things and vice versa. I don't believe in the concept of evil and perfection because they are both imbalances. Evil is the negative imbalance and perfection is the positive imbalance.

I believe that science and politics should stay away from religion by five hundred feet. I do believe we should remain a goverment that has a seperation of church and state.
    "The mind is so formed in different persons as to contemplate the same object in different points of view. Hence originates the difference on questions of the greatest import, both human and divine." -George Washington, quoted from "Hurricane of Independence"

Thanks

I'm not religious at all. I am an Atheist. I think that religion is largely just a waste of time. As for whether or not a deity exists, I don't know but I don't believe in one even if one does exist. And if one does exist, I strongly doubt that such a deity would punish a person forever in the afterlife simply for getting an abortion or for having premarital sex or using contraception. When I was a Catholic, I did believe that the deity whom Catholics call God would punish a person forever in the afterlife for such acts. I can no longer bring myself to believe in such a cruel being who is supposedly superior to us humans but yet would punish someone for something that isn't even immoral for eternity.

Thanks

I'm personally an Orthodox Christian but I also see wisdom in certain beliefs/practices of Buddhism, Islam, Mormonism, and Pantheism,

Amy is offline New Member Not So Newbie

Thanks

I'm a Christian, but I also follow the principles of Buddhism as a philosophy to live by. I believe fetuses are alive and just a state in human development and if they are aborted they go to heaven. I don't believe that babies have to be baptized to get a soul. I think because of my beliefs I don't get as angry or sad as other pro-lifers because I have hope that God has a plan for us all even if we die before old age.