Thread: Birth Control Pill For Men

Thanks

Default Birth Control Pill For Men

How cool is this?

-Taken once every 1-3 months depending on dosage

-Works by removing a protein in spermatozoa necessary for fertilization rather than using testoserone/progesterone to stop sperm production (men make about 1,000 every second)

-Estimated to be approaching 100% effective, allowing men to have a better means than condoms of controlling their reproduction.

-No hormonal side-effects

-Awaiting FDA approval

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by juliewashere88 View Post
    How cool is this?

-Taken once every 1-3 months depending on dosage

-Works by removing a protein in spermatozoa necessary for fertilization rather than using testoserone/progesterone to stop sperm production (men make about 1,000 every second)

-Estimated to be approaching 100% effective, allowing men to have a better means than condoms of controlling their reproduction.

-No hormonal side-effects

-Awaiting FDA approval
    Like! Though I've found condoms effective so far and if one breaks i'll happily pay child support
    Sometimes the best solutions are the ones that make everyone equally livid

Thanks

I do wish that they would get a birth control pill, shot, or whatever for men. I mean, I have depression and most hormonal forms of birth control tend to exacerbate my depression but all well. I'd rather keep my IUD even though it may make my depression worse than get pregnant. I mean, if I ever did get pregnant, I'd have to get an abortion. I simply refuse to have any children.

Cannibalope is offline Junior Member Read Rules in Main Forum Before Posting

Thanks

What's your reason? I totally am on the same page on that one.

Cannibalope is offline Junior Member Read Rules in Main Forum Before Posting

Thanks

Have you all heard that there is a birth control shot for men? I don't think it's available in the US though, and it'd be hard to get men to do it... as they essentially have to stick the needle up their urethra. It's this polymer substance that coats the vas deferens and makes sperm essentially useless. But I'm pretty sure some versions of the shot last ten years, and after that it's completely reversible.

In addition, do we really want to trust men with birth control?

Amy is offline New Member Not So Newbie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalope View Post
    In addition, do we really want to trust men with birth control?
    I hope I did that quote right. It's my first time quoting. Anyway, I don't distrust men, but I think that is a wise question. My worry with the birth control shot is that some women may assume that their boyfriend is responsibly taking his birth control. This could cause a large rise in unwanted pregnancies. I think birth control for men is a great idea to help lower unwanted pregnancies. I just hope that women don't blindly trust the man that they're sleeping with to remember to get his birth control shot or however male birth control would be administered.