Thread: Prochoice is prolife.

Thanks

Default Prochoice is prolife.

I believe that prochoice is prolife. Sometimes abortion is the best answer. What if the mother's life is in danger, the baby will die anyway, or the mother would be the victim of an honor killing, etc. I just thought that I would make this point.

Amy is offline New Member Not So Newbie

Thanks

I completely believe that is a woman's life is in danger she should have an abortion. The chance of a fetus surviving is rare and it's not worth the risk for a woman to carry the fetus to term. However, I do not understand what you mean by honor killing. I think honor killing is when an individual kills another person because they believe this person shamed them or their family. If this is what you mean by honor killing then the problem is not abortion. The problem lies with society. A woman shouldn't have to get an abortion to escape an honor killing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IsmailaGodHasHeard View Post
    I believe that prochoice is prolife.
    if you are going to ignore that in 95% of abortions in western civilization is pretty much a form of birth control that kills a human being because its unwanted...then sure you can call that pro-life. I don't think ignoring the life you kill so you can claim your 'pro-life" is appropriate though. Its kinda of like saying Nazi's are pro-life...ignoring the 12million people they killed.

Quote Originally Posted by IsmailaGodHasHeard View Post
    Sometimes abortion is the best answer.
    Sometimes....but that is less then 5% of abortions that occur in western civilizations.
    Give to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself that is my doctrine. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself. - Thomas Paine

Even unwanted humans should have rights.

phyl is offline Junior Member Read Rules in Main Forum Before Posting

Thanks

How is this pro life if you are killing one of the "lives" in the pair (killing the baby in the mother-baby pair)?
    Any abortion is murder. A fetus contains life-- life begins at conception.
    Being okay with the abortion of a fetus is like agreeing with the murder of an adult. There is no difference between your life of X years and a fetus' life of 5 days or whatever. Life is life, and killing it is murder.