Thread: Can a Woman use Lethal Force to Stop a Rape?

Thanks

Default Can a Woman use Lethal Force to Stop a Rape?

Can she also use lethal force if the rapist is mentally challenged?

If you answered yes to either or both, why? If you answered no to either or both, why not?

Thanks in advance.

^That would be one of the hottest men on the planet. I WISH he was my location.
    Thanks

Thanks

I've always been a fan of the Ender philosophy:
    If you are attacked, use the maximum amount of force you have available, to prevent your enemy ever attacking again.

In the case of a mentally challenged rapist...
    Because they are mentally challenged, they are unlikely to respond to pleas of mercy, reasoned discussion or threats of consequences.
    Therefore, lethal force is the only rational option left to the victim.

But let me put it this way:
    If a burly, intellectually handicapped guy chased me down and tried to force himself on me, I would fight tooth and nail to get him the hell off me. I don't think I would honestly be considering whether or not to use lethal force - I would be reacting instinctively.

Thanks

i think most rational people agree with both of you. Most people even agree that if a trespasser is coming into your home, you have a legal right to shoot them. Even a mentally challenged person.

The mental ability of an attacker/intruder has no bearing on the damage they are causing another person. A rape is not a different kind of rape and a home invasion is not a different kind of home invasion depending upon the mental status of the perpetrator.

Now, what would you say to someone if their response to a rape victim who killed her rapist was, "Dear, that man was mentally challenged. He didn't know right from wrong. Why did you kill him? Why couldn't you have just let him finish the rape and live?"

^That would be one of the hottest men on the planet. I WISH he was my location.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by futureshock3
    i think most rational people agree with both of you. Most people even agree that if a trespasser is coming into your home, you have a legal right to shoot them. Even a mentally challenged person.

The mental ability of an attacker/intruder has no bearing on the damage they are causing another person. A rape is not a different kind of rape and a home invasion is not a different kind of home invasion depending upon the mental status of the perpetrator.

Now, what would you say to someone if their response to a rape victim who killed her rapist was, "Dear, that man was mentally challenged. He didn't know right from wrong. Why did you kill him? Why couldn't you have just let him finish the rape and live?"
    "Are you stupid? Have you ever had a man try to shove his penis into your vagina without your consent? F*ck you."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by futureshock3
    "Dear, that man was mentally challenged. He didn't know right from wrong. Why did you kill him? Why couldn't you have just let him finish the rape and live?"
    Obviously they don't understand the principle of self defense. The mental status of the criminal has no bearing on anything - you have to defend yourself.

Honestly, this sounds like it would come out of the same mouth of a person that would say something like this: "Rape victim?! Did you see the clothes she was wearing? She was practically asking for it! She should have no right to sue!"
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks

I think in any rape situation you won't stop to ponder the moral implications of how you react. Rape so often also ends in killing that I would say it's appropriate to react to attempted rape as if it were an attempt on your life.
    "Look, Wart, I have killed a sparrow!" - T. H. White's 'The Once and Future King'

wkj777 is offline Junior Member Read Rules in Main Forum Before Posting

Thanks

Sexual assault so often also finishes in eliminating that I would say it's appropriate to respond to tried rape as if it were an effort on your lifestyle.

-------------
    http://www.oilpainting-shop.com

Thanks

Since this is an abortion forum I might aswell bring up this old point:

Innocence or intentions have nothing to do with it or any bearing on the law. You have the right to guard the integrity of your bodies using whatever means necessary even when that integrity is threatened by a non-sentient organism such as a z/e/f. Courts have even upheld a person's right to defend via force or killing against the advances of an attacking somnabulist.

An unstable person may come into my house under the mistaken belief, say due to mental illness, that my house is actually his. This person has not committed a crime, because he lacks the necessary mens rea. But that does not mean that I am not justified in using the force necessary to eject him from my house, because he is there without my consent. If this is the case with mere property rights, how much more is it the case when a more fundamental right - the right to one's own body - is involved.

Since people do not have the right to usurp bodily resources then neither do zygotes, embryos or fetuses. There was a case where ppl have been cleared of rape because they where "sleepwalking": http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/4543340.stm Other ppl have tried to use the defence but failed: http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/m...-rapist-jailed A thing to note is that post assault trials has nothing to do with what you can legally do there and then during an assault or other times you can use lethal force (depending on the laws). For a quick example is how you can't legally chase a fleeing house burgler ten blocks down and then shoot them in the back as they run arguing "self-defence" or something.